Saturday, March 01, 2008

Can we take this to Lemon?


Doodle has a particular friend who he calls Lemon. They spent a fabulous day together ( along with Crusty and Lemon's equally charming brothers) last summer in B.C. watching dolphins and playing in the splash pad. Now everything Dolphin is also everything Lemon. The Daddy came home from a business trip last night and brought Doodle a stuffed dolphin wearing an love from Baltimore t-shirt. (odd? yes.) Doodle loves it. The first thing he said was " Can we take this to Lemon?" I'm not sure who Doodle loves more, dolphins or Lemon?


It's a pretty amazing friendship really. Extraordinary because our family and Lemon's family are on opposite ends of the religious and social spectrum. If you believe the media they hate us and we hate them. We are not supposed to be friends. I have learned so much from Lemon's family, so many things that I thought I knew about their religious beliefs were wrong. To quote Lemon's Mama, " The zealots get all the press." I hope they have learned from us too. I think it is the only way we will ever learn to get along. One child, one family, one person at a time.

5 comments:

CzaMama said...

Doodle is just the cutest.

Yay! That's what sisterhood is all about baby. The truth shall set us free...and really, your sisters are the ones to tell the you the truth, right?

Anonymous said...

DON'T take the dolphin the Lemon. Really. The dolphin needs to stay at your house. Good job with broadening their minds, though! (and your own)

Wecare4much said...

Lemon would love to see Doodle's dolphin collection. She wsa just telling her girlfriend about Doodle,the dolphins and the birth of Lemon.

We are honored to have you in our circle of friends. Love really can overcome so many things. If only more people would just love.

Anonymous said...

A note to Lemon's mama: there was a very lengthy dolphin search last night while I was watching the Doodle. I was afraid for a while that it had actually been shipped off to Canada! Perhaps the dolphin could come visit Lemon sometime, as long as it didn't swim under any sneaky blankets.

Muganoot Mommy said...

Lemon's mama has taught me a thing or two, too. Ahhhh, sisterhood. :)