The boys get a bucket every year on the first day of Spring, some candy, a new book, a toy or two. Just like Easter Baskets, only not. It's complicated...anyway, this year I decided I would knit them each a toy for their bucket. More on Crusty's later, Doodle is getting this little froggy. He was much easier to knit and put together than I thought he would be. Tiny needles and a bunch of new stitches. I learned allot about knitting on this one, things that I might someday use to make sweaters...maybe.....someday.....maybe. In any case I think he is particularly cute crawling out of my sewing box. His eyes are hand painted by a lovely woman named Michelle over at Suncatcher Eyes. She does wonderful work and it helps her to support her family. I love that! Mr. Frog is knit from a Noro Kureyon ( a subject of much debate in knitting land.) Personally I love the colour combinations and the way they ebb and flow. I also love the uneven texture and slubby quality. I do not love how it feels, it is scratchy as all get out. Just exactly how I remember wool sweaters to be. I'd never wear it, but I sure do love to knit with it.
This was my first shot at picot edging ( see those toes!) I think they are pretty cute and it is a kind of magical thing to do.
5 comments:
Oh, he is beautiful! And magical!
He is so great! CiBaby was pointing at him and trying to tell me what he "says."
Amazing! I love the frog!
Wow, you did a great job. I love the look of the yarn you used!
I hope you get told often how much of a wonderful mum you are!
Mwah
Oh that frog is so cute! Can't wait to see what goes in the other bucket!
Post a Comment