Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunbutter Cookies.

I love peanut butter cookies. I especially love the little fork marks on the top. Since we no longer have peanut butter in the house I have been experimenting with different things in order to fill the hole left by peanut butter ( doesn't that just sound pathetic? Oh, woe is me....*sob*, no more peanut butter for me...*sniffle*) It's not that big a deal, really. But I do love a good cookie! So after some experiments I give you..... (drum roll please)

Sunbutter Cookies.


1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar ( plus some for dipping later)
1/2 cup Trader Joe brand Sunflower Seed Butter
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 heaping teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda



  • Mix together sunflower butter, sugars, vanilla, applesauce and butter until well blended.
  • Add rest of ingredients, and mix well until totally combined.
  • Form dough into balls about 1/4 inch in size, and place on ungreased cookie sheet, press each ball with the bottom of a small glass dipped in granulated sugar. Cookies will spread while baking.
  • Bake at 375 degree oven for 8-10 min.
  • Wait a minute, then transfer to wire rack, cool completely.
  • Store in air tight container.
  • Makes approx. 30 cookies

I would post a photo but these get eaten up pretty quickly around here. You might notice I left out the little fork marks on top. They just looked too much like peanut butter cookies for my comfort.

1 comment:

CzaMama said...

I love sunbutter. I will have to give these a whirl. Thanks!