
Today was a big minus tide here in our tidal range. True to form it was cold, windy, damp and grey. Doodle and his class still spent several hours ( more for some, less for some. About three for us!) Chasing kelp and crabs, checking out the tidepools. We saw red and purple sunflower seastars, moon snails, moon snail egg cases, crabs, kelp, geese, seagulls, ferryboats and even a few trains going by. It was exhausting and cold but so much fun.
7 comments:
Those are just THE coolest pictures! Awesome field trip! :D
I learned something. I know know that those strange clay looking things are moon snail egg cases. Ah the beach at low/minus tide! Yeah tide pools!What fun!Wonderful pictures!
The sunflower seastar is amazing! Fun day!
Awwwwwww..........I wanna be in Doodle's class!!! What an awesome time!! Great photos! The sunflower seastar is so cool! And I love that Doodle always wears his fireman's hat!! He's the cutest!!
How cool!!!!
SUPER COOL! and how fun!
Post a Comment