Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not diet food. Nope, not at all.


Thanks to Se7en over in South Africa for this tasty, tasty recipe!~ I made a few changes because I was too lazy to haul out the kitchen scale, so here is what passes for my attempt to translate grams to cups.

Slightly less than one cup of butter.
Slightly more than one cup packed brown sugar.
3 cups rolled oats.
A tablespoon or so of Maple Syrup ( we didn't have any Lyle's Golden Syrup and I didn't want to go to the store.)

Melt the butter and sugar together over med heat. Add the syrup. Pour over the p remeasured oats and mix well. Pour into well greased pan, I used a 9x13 metal pan with some parchment paper, probably unnecessary. Bake at 350 F until slightly brown. Let cool slightly and cut into squares. Hide them from the family so you can eat them all yourself.

These are so good, I think they are a bit too sweet for me for breakfast ( I am certain there are people in this house who would think otherwise....) But they make a great afternoon snack.

No comments: