Fresh from the Farmer's Market. Holy Toledo this was yummy. It was inhaled by everyone. I peeled and roasted the sunchokes in olive oil and butter, with salt of course. The Rapini was plunged into boiling salted water and then chilled. Yum!
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Are the sunchokes the same thing as the mis-named Jerusalem artichoke? Did you roast them in the oven? Peel them first? Burien's farmers' market starts this week, and I'm going to try to be a regular. I'll have to look out for the sunchokes!
yes! That's them. They are the tuber of a specific kind of sunflower. I roasted them at 375 for about 20 min, in the little oven. I think next time I will up the temp so that they are crisper. They go a little grey unless they are crispy. Everyone gobbled them up! When you buy them try and buy the least bumpy ones you can find. The bumps make them really hard to peel.
4 comments:
Are the sunchokes the same thing as the mis-named Jerusalem artichoke? Did you roast them in the oven? Peel them first? Burien's farmers' market starts this week, and I'm going to try to be a regular. I'll have to look out for the sunchokes!
yes! That's them. They are the tuber of a specific kind of sunflower. I roasted them at 375 for about 20 min, in the little oven. I think next time I will up the temp so that they are crisper. They go a little grey unless they are crispy. Everyone gobbled them up! When you buy them try and buy the least bumpy ones you can find. The bumps make them really hard to peel.
Sounds delish!!! Thanks for the idea!
I'm jealous of your farmer's market!
I haven't had sunchokes in a few.years. You've inspired me to see if I can find them again ; )
Post a Comment