Monday, March 17, 2008

The bigger boys bucket.



Now, Crusty has never been into duckies and bunnies and all things cuddly. He has in fact been quite interested in dead guys, mummies, oldschool monsters and aliens since he could talk. This year in is Spring bucket he will find this guy. I call him Yorick, because, well, I'm a geek.


He's knit in the round and then fulled ( or felted...same thing) and mounted on a dowel painted black. He is decorated with fabric ribblons made from some totally cool Alexander Henry fabric. It looks like regular old bandana print untill you get up close. Look! skulls! Tied onto the ribbons is a collection of random buttons, belle, beads and other fabric trims. He makes a very satisfying sound as he's carried around. I know Spring isn't really about skulls, but life, death and rebirth are all so closely connected. And besides, he just isn't into bunnies!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Of course his name is Yorick - what else would you call him?!? He is quite wonderful - I am sure Crusty will like him.

Big Alice said...

Alas, poor....

Your skull-guy is pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Coolest Mom Eva!

CzaMama said...

Very cool...and I LOVE the fabric! I'm sure crusty will love it, it looks right up his alley.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Logan--and come to think of it, Jordan--would LOVE one of those. You rock!