The chicken or the egg? Or the bloody fingers. It's been all about knitting around here for a while. Apologies to all you non-knitters! We'll get back to the gloom and doom of mispent youth and old family photos soon. I promise!
I knit this little guy from a pattern in Craft Magazine. The original pattern calls for wool and felting. Well, I didn't have wool so I used a cone of cotton that I got from Elmore-Pisgah in their factory seconds room. I love the butter and cream colours. In any case this much knitting on Dpn's with heavy cotton left me with bloody calouses! Yikes! Oh, how I suffer for my knitting....woe is me...... Seriously, I think he/she is pretty darned cute. On one side it is a cracked chicken egg, through a tricky inside out manuever he/she becomes a chick. Complete with totally cool chicken legs and floppy wings. Though it does nothing to answer the question of which came first.
Chicken? or Egg?
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
P.S yes Jane, it's a puppet too.
6 comments:
Ah, a chicken puppet. I should have know this was coming. Is this for someone's Spring basket? Can't wait to play with it in person! Now, the whole "chicken or egg" question seems to imply that either one or the other was plunked down on Earth, fully formed. I myself tend to go for a more evolutionary theory. Looking forward to the discussion!
Dinosaurs laid eggs long before the first Lemon Chicken was roasted.
Eggs came first, a m'Eudail!
Wow. you are super talented. I would not have even attempted that!
Love it! I *have* to make time to learn to knit. Top priority as of this moment. I want to make cool stuff too!!!!
See, that's what I was thinking that chickens evolved from some sort of ferocious dinosaur. Have you ever tried to get past a guard chicken?
Totally awesome. Like Jo-Ann, I really need to learn to knit sometime.
And to answer your question, I think the chick came first.
Post a Comment