Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Doodle's First Ceilidh!
Last night we all went to see Seirm play for the first ever Slighe Nan Gaidheal Scottish St. Patrick's Day ceilidh. At least I think it was the first...I have been out of the loop for a long, long time. Not knowing what to expect, we took along a couple of Aunties ( B.J. and Lisa respectively) for backup and food police. I saw many old friends and gave my rusty singing and fledgling Gaelic a workout. Doodle had a ball. He promptly sat down in the middle of the dance floor and waited for entertainment. It was hilarious. He sang along ( well, sort of) marched around with the boy piper and drum(he's got pretty good rhythm!), tried to hypnotize the young sword dancer, watched Mama try and teach Dada a set dance....better luck next time. Mama isn't the best teacher, had a little waltz with his Mama and promptly fell into a deep sleep. Sticky from treats and sweaty from dancing. What more can you ask from America's national Irish holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What, no pictures? Sounds very successful! Shouldn't teach husbands to set dance -- let other women teach them. This is what I've learned. Hope we can go with you next year! Perhaps we can have a junior pipe and drum corps. Deedle can direct.
It was the first - and I'm so thrilled that you all had a good time. And next time, Hippy Goodwife will be up singing with the band, so all HG fans should plan on attending!
Oh yeah! If HG is singing, I am so there! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!
It sounds like a GREAT time!
If HG is singing I need video!! Sounds like a blast!
Post a Comment