Monday, March 31, 2008

ugh.


The sickness has hit hard here and I am crawling off the couch long enough to show this photo of my intrepid quinoa starts. I am afraid everything that went into the ground early has been killed by the weird March snow sleet combo we have been having on and off for several days. The Scarlet Runner Beans aren't up yet but the quinoa seems very happy in it's egg carton. This puppy sprouted nearly overnight. Soon it's off the the big scary yard...as soon as I get a bed dug for it. Being sick has just eaten all my garden time this last week.


5 comments:

Big Alice said...

Bleh, I'm sorry you're feeling badly. I hope you get better soon. Your quinoa is very cute.

Wecare4much said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon. I love that you use eggshells to sprout plants. You are so clever!! I thought I was being little miss recycle by saving all the k-cups,from the new coffee machine the Hero was given, to use for my seedlings.

CzaMama said...

Awww, it sucks to be sick.

ITA with Ker...what a great use for eggshells...mind if I copy you?!?!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Cynthia said...

Hope you're feeling better very soon, HG!! I've never known anyone that grew quinoa, so I'll be following your progress! I'm a gardener-wanna-be with a brown thumb. :( Sending healing thoughts out your way!

~ Cyn <3

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon chica<3