Thursday, February 28, 2008

Catching the Gauntlet.

In response to my great friend The Keeper of the Hutch. Five things that bring me joy ( no husbands, no kids and not necessarily in this order.

1. Clean, cool sheets on a newly made bed.
2. Driving fast, really fast.
3. Packages in the mail.
4. The reappearance of long lost friends.
5. A tough job completed and well done.


What's on your list.....

3 comments:

Seumas Gagne said...

OK. I'll bite. Excluding ManFriends, etc:

1) nailing a difficult reel on the fiddle up to speed when another fiddler I admire is listening
2) nailing a difficult reel on the harp up to speed when another harper I admire is listening
3) listening to a traditional Gaelic singer who isn't afraid to put the sex into the song (Griogair Labhruidh - myohmy)
4) seeing a loved ones eyes roll back when they taste a dish that I really nailed
5) having the flash of organizational inspiration that makes some aspect of life both easier and more elegant

Anonymous said...

1) Zydeco music
2) Dancing with a good partner
3) Compliments on my cooking
4) Warm laundry from the dryer
5) Beautiful gowns (to look at, not necessarily to wear)

Suzy said...

1. completing everything on my list
2. a good book
3. going to bed early
4. a cup of tea (with my good book)
5. hugs, the good kind that don't end before they begin