It started with this pound of candy coloured roving from Blue Goose Glen.
Here it is all layed out and ready for the water ( you can't see the resist, but it's in there)
Damp and ready for the rolling, squishing and smacking. Ahh...good times!
Inside out with the resist...err....bubble wrap, on top for scale. See, I need to felt it longer, raggedy edges, not enough shrinkage. I also need to start with more roving as I had to fill in a couple of thin spots.
That? Oh that's just the handle, and more bubble wrap.
Here it is all dry and fluffy, modeled by a Japanese Maple in the backyard. It has a fairly large pocket for holding some May floweres when Spring finally arrives. I really like the textures and the uneven rageddy edges, even if ther are technically imperfect!
7 comments:
NICE! How did you make it look like a spring landscape? When do you find time for these things? Squishy squishy sounds like fun.
That is super cool!!! I so have to start doing this...in all of my spare time. lol
Cza
Beautiful!!! I absolutely LOVE it and want to fill my house with them for spring. Or skip along and pick some flowers. Of course, it is snowing...
The basket is lovely. But me, I want to bury my face in the pile of wool in the first picture! I guess sometimes I'm more into the raw potential than the finished project! I do like the sky and clouds. Reminds me of the view out my window right now!
The basket is really cute! The roving looks yummy.....and my goodness your grass is so green! I miss seeing green outside.
Awesome! I haven't tried felting yet
It looks great and so springy!
Post a Comment