
It's the year of the RAT around here this morning. We had sticky rice cake and oranges for breakfast, swept the old luck out the front door and made a New Year Dragon puppet. All before nine o'clock. Someone gets up way too early.
Yesterday we printed and assembled these critters from the HP website. The boys had mock battles all evening. I think TIGER won eventually. RAT is hiding in Crusty's room, and PIG has yet to be assembled. We opted for scissors and glue sticks rather than the blade and cutting mat recommended. I think they came out just fine. We've also been reading Dragon Dance, one of our favourite flap books. Doodle loves to yell " Gung Hay Fat Choy! at the end or maybe he just likes to yell. In any case it's very festive.
3 comments:
See, now yet another reason why I have to come live at your place! So much fun!
Yowza! I wish I could have been at your house this morning. The dragon puppet is cool!I may need to make one for myself anyway! One can never have too many dragons around the house!
Happy New Year!
You have way more fun than I do in the morning!
Post a Comment