Friday, June 27, 2008

Slutty dolls and Tanks.

Doodle loves to paint those unfinished wood bits that you find at craft stores. Today I went to get him a few more and my choices were limited to wooden dolls that looks like those horrible slutty, bratty things and military tanks, with weapons. Period. I know I am a bleeding heart liberal but come on Joann's! Really, would a few more choices kill you? Some critters? A car? Plants? Fish? Seriously.

Time to get out the skillsaw and make my own.

4 comments:

Wecare4much said...

Maybe he could wash their faces and paint them some clothes. *sigh* I hate those slutty dolls. I'll keep my eyes peeled up here and see if we have something more peaceful. ;)

Anonymous said...

Little unfinished wood cutouts in the shape of slutty dolls? Now, that's just wierd. Who thinks of these things? Doesn't seem like there would be much crossover between the kind of people who buy their kids unfinished wood things to paint (us and the Ahmish) and people who buy their kids slutty dolls (those other people). You gonna write them a letter?

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to place an order from here: http://www.caseyswood.com/ They may have something for you.

Also, I responded to the meme. Woo!
http://tippytoesandtantrums.typepad.com/diatribes/2008/06/more-on-me.html

Hippy Goodwife said...

Thank you Kimberly! I had forgotten about Casey's. I love their stuff. I have a whole bowl of the wooden acorns they sell.