Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Improvement Summer

Here's the plan.


paint big room - done!
paint kitchen, school room ( that's what a friend calls the little nook off the kitchen, I think it's cute!) and pantry.
order and install new sliding glass door. ( Hello Uncle John)
paint west facing window ledges and eaves.
paint garage trim.
resurface/paint kitchen cabinets.
hang cork wall in kitchen.
sew, beg, borrow or steal window treatment for front room.
paint boys rooms.
clear cement pad and build raised beds for warm weather crops. ( firewood anyone?)
maintain p-patch and raised beds.
grow harvest and preserve garden produce.
mow the lawn once in a while.
prune apple trees.
earn some money.
clean out garage.
take all recyclables to recycle station.
improve back yard drainage.
install garage downspouts.
install rain barrels.


Talk to me in September, I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

CzaMama said...

That's quite a list, lady. I'm sure you'll do it, knowing you.

Mine is: survive

lol, j/k

Heidi said...

I'm exhausted reading your list. Doubly so when I think about my own list! Right now I'm taking the Scarlett O'Hara approach - I'll think about it tomorrow!

I also agree with czamama - you will most likely get it all done!

Big Alice said...

Gah. You are ambitious. I think I will be lucky if I get the "mow lawn once in awhile" todo item done. I just have no energy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you doing all of these things yourself, or do you think you'll be getting some participation? I think you might be able to combine "clean out the garage" with "make some money" . . . that's what I'm hoping for from my basement. Still can't find the scale, though!

Janine said...

Woah, that list makes me tired just reading it! Good Luck!