Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP


Paul Newman

Philanthropist, activist, father, husband, actor, race car driver.

On the occasion of his 70th birthday he said, "I'm not mellower, I'm not less angry, I'm not less self-critical, I'm not less tenacious," he said. "Maybe the best part is that your liver can't handle those beers at noon anymore."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad news. I'm not telling the kids about "Doc Hudson". What a photo, though!

Big Alice said...

Paul Newman died? Aw geez.
Maybe I'll go rent The Sting again for old time's sake.

CzaMama said...

Very sad, but Hubba Hubba!

Heidi said...

So sad. The world has lost a great human being! I think I'll have to buy some Newman's Ginger cookies - like oreos only with ginger cookies and slightly ginger flavored filling.

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Such a shame, a beautiful human in many ways. And heidi, those Ginger cookies are the *best*.

Unknown said...

We'll never know how immensely humble he was. Long before Newman's Own, he was supporting unsung children's causes out of his own pocket. In the racing world he was a giant. He was a champion, his teams won championships and he worked to make the sport fairer and more accessible. But when I was lucky enough to see him at the track, he never had an entourage or assistant. It was just him and he was usually working on something for his team. I was looking for a picture of him to put on my computer desktop, but I think this one is NSFW.