Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The further adventures of Hippy Goodwife.
I am not really much of a hippy. I am decidedly not very hip (at all) I loathe patchouli and the Grateful Dead and I bathe often. Does that make me a bad hippy? In any case, last night a friend referred to her past life as that of a hippy good wife and so it happened that my alter ego was given a name. Hippy Goodwife was born. She is the one who makes her own laundry soap, bakes from scratch all the time, mends, fixes, darns and knits to create, save, rescue her families clothes. She gardens and cans, freezes the summers bounty and dances under the winter stars ( ok, I do that too) That's Hippy Goodwife. You have seen her around here too. You just didn't know it. I guess this is a coming out of sorts, so WELCOME Hippy Goodwife give her a hug once in a while, she needs it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HI Hippy Goodwife! And of course a (hug)
Many hugs to Hippy Goodwife. Glad to meet you! (Everyone needs an alter ego!)
Love you Hippy Goodwife! Big Giant Hugs!!
Let me know when you're ready to can the summer's bounty or dance under the winter stars! Maybe the hippie husbands can watch all the kids while I help you.
Post a Comment