
Spangler brand candy canes are not only made here in the U.S. They are made on dedicated peanut/treenut free production lines and the company has had the good sense to actually print that on the packaging. Saving me, and thousands of other allergy moms, from using our cell phones in the grocery store. I cannot tell you how many times I have called a manufacturer to find out if their food is safe for my child only to be told that the information is proprietary. So...go, buy some yummy Spangler canes help a good company out and make kids happy.
6 comments:
Yeah!! It's those simple things that make life sweeter! So glad you found a US manufacturer with a clue ;).
How great they are completely nut-free!! I'll pass this on to my other friends who are peanut free. Thanks for the info.
ugh, they really tell you it's proprietary? Sounds like code for "I don't know and I'm not going to bother to find out."
Is there a particular brand of chocolate chip that you prefer? I know that Guittard is one of the few that come out a peanut-free plant (although they do have almonds but that's on a separate production line - here's their allergen statement: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/guittard-online/allergen2.pdf)
Why do you ask Big Alice? Are you heading into a baking frenzy...cause you know we would trust any deliciousness that comes from your kitchen...hint....hint....
Well... there might be some fudge on the horizon.
You know, randomly nut-free fudge.
mmmm....fudge......
Post a Comment