Friday, January 02, 2009

Shinty


Due to my gimpy ankle and messy head cold we only attended two of our planned First Footing stops. We had a yummy breakfast and some tunes at the first house and then it was off to the Shinty field to watch a scrimmage between Red and Blue. I thought Doodle might like the running around in the park bit, but I never guessed he would be so enamored of the shiny shirts and dirty sticks. He so wanted to play!

When he finally wheedled a stick to play with he had a great time slashing around the sidelines, in and out of the snow.



He was all set to join in when Uncle Seumas gave him the bad news that he had to be taller than the stick in order to play with the big boys and girls on the field.




He took it well and was begged off with a handy doughnut. Somehow I don't think we have seen the end of Shinty.


Thanks to everyone at Slighe nan Gaidheal for the tunes, the food and the shinty.


Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!

3 comments:

Seumas Gagne said...

Having you and your family involved with Slighe nan Gaidheal adds so much to our community. I hope it goes on for a long, long time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, great expressions! Think he'll be an athlete, then?

Hippy Goodwife said...

Dear gods, what would I do with an athlete?