Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scarf.


Doodle wanted a scarf. This one is my own creation a very simple furrow row pattern ( slip 1, k1, p1 * k2, p1 repeat to end) over and over. Knit from random leftovers. I dug out all the tiny yarn balls from the drawer and knit them in no particular order. The colours are pretty well balanced in their randomness. I finished it with a button hole and a button from Granny's button box. The button can be moved down as he gets older and bigger. If he doesn't manage to lose it before then! He loves it and I love hearing him tell people that it is "Mama made". I will be very sad when "Mama made" things are no longer cool.

It was a very satisfying and simple project. Now what to do with all the tiny snips of yarn that are left from weaving in the ends.....



Leftovers over Noro Kureon, Mountain Colours, Mandalynn hand spun, Cascade 220 and Crystal Palace. Held double on size 11 needles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Great color combination. Isn't that gratifying when he appreciates something you made?

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

It's gorgeous!!!!

CzaMama said...

That is one great scarf, sistah! And awesome that Doodle is so proud that his mama made it for him.