Thursday, October 09, 2008

Supporting each other.

In the spirit of spending more wisely and supporting small companies and artisans I wanted to list a few of my favourite places to buy things and to snoop around for inspiration.

Here are some of my favourites!

Pumpkin Petunia - gorgeous cards, stationary and all things paper. Sea glass necklaces too!

MamaKopp - adorable low tech toys and other goodies.

Jenlaw Jewlery - not cutesy, adorable and made locally.

Shannon Tipple-Leen - striking and moving animal images.

Dragonfly Ducky
- wool, rovings and felted aliens!

Dainty Jane - handmade elf, fairy, pirate, fantasy shoes and accesories.

Blue Goose Glen
- All things wooly



Now, I know I missed some! So if you are a maker of fine things and I love your stuff ( you know who you are...) leave a shop link or contact information in the comments.

Sometimes you just cannot make everything yourself. Instead of heading for the big box stores, buy from your friends, buy from the little guy! Better yet, make a trade! Micro economies are strongest in times when the big guys are struggling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Thanks! I love this idea and want to steal it for my blog : )
I love MamaKopp's shop too and look forward to checking out the others you listed.

Hippy Goodwife said...

Please do steal it for your blog! I would love to see where you shop!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! I like the idea of trading. If anyone needs a Robin Hood hat or a pirate pouch, let me know what YOU make! Such talented friends you have, my dear.

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

You are the best. Truly.

I love bartering, it's just so practical and benefits everyone involved.

Can't wait to check out all of your talented friends. ♥