Sunday, April 20, 2008

What, me worry?


I haven't thought about MAD Magazine in decades! I used to read it on the sly in the local grocery and sneak my Uncle Larry's when no one was looking. My favourite was always the "fold in" on the back cover. So clever! It was a close call between Spy vs. Spy and the "fold in", the fold in almost always won. Everything I ever needed to know about American politics I learned from MAD, OK, maybe not everything. But a lot. I certainly knew more about Richard Nixon than your average 9 year old girl in 1975. Turns out Patrick loved MAD too, but he had his own subscription! Lucky boy!


Garth over at Extreme Craft posted this link to the New York Times story about the "fold in's". If you are a long time lover of MAD or just wonder what I am nattering on about go check it out.


I think someone in this house will be getting a new MAD subscription very, very soon.


1 comment:

CzaMama said...

I've never read a MAD magazine, I don't think anyone around me did so it didn't catch on with me. However, I might have to take a peek at a new issue! Thanks! Very interesting.