Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fireman Sam.



Doodle loves Fireman Sam. It's a Welsh claymation programme for preschoolers. The show is all about Sam ( the Fireman) and the kids of Pontypandy, most notable Norman Price who is always in trouble. The newest episode to hit on Demand is all about a water shortage. Norman gets a new super soaker water gun from an Uncle and spends the day wasting water and annoying people with it. All the while the neighborhood dog, Dusty, is desperate for a drink ( for the record, I can't watch this particular episode, I hate watching that claymation dog go around town begging for water and being ignored.) at one point Dusty gets his head stuck in the park fence and nearly collapses. Norman finds him and gives him a drink with the supersoaker and calls Fireman Sam to rescue him. Sam and Elvis use the jaws of life to cut Dusty out of the fence and give him a big bucket of water to drink.

Ever since this episode premiered Doodle has been using his jaws of life (a very annoying toy chainsaw) to rescue the imaginary Dusty from the fence ( the railing in the front room.) Today he upped the game. I watched him follow Ringo around the yard for a half an hour trying to get him to drink water from a bucket. It was adorable and Ringo was so confused.





You can catch Dusty's dilemma here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what's the problem -- has Ringo not been watching Fireman Sam?

Heidi said...

Ringo does look more confused than usual in the picture!

Hippy Goodwife said...

well, yes he watches...but only for the doggy parts, I think he looked away when Dusty got stuck.

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

A new Fireman Sam fan here! I watched the entire episode! Doodle makes the cutest real-life Fireman Sam!!! Too cute!

~ Cyn <3