Salad greens. Here there be carrots! Nasturtiums.
It's been a tough Spring so far for our fledgling Victory Garden. So far in the ground we have nasturtiums ( great on salads!) salad greens, Nantes half long carrots, three types of strawberries, quinoa ( valiantly struggling! But still hanging in there) Scarlet runner beans, hops ( beer anyone?) and a spring garlic experiment. Nasturtiums, carrots, beans, salad greens and quinoa from seed. The big tilth organic veggie start sale is in two weeks hopefully we can get a couple of new beds dug in time. We have a long list of things to buy! Things that we are just not going to be able to grow from seed. Including for the first time blueberries, if we can get to them before they are sold out. Considering that last month we had thunder showers, hail and snow I think we are not doing too badly.
Aside to Melinda: seriously, snow? I felt so badly that you were looking for a home in all that! ick! I promise, it was freak weather system...... really! Glad it didn't scare you off.
2 comments:
I was thinking that I need to weed around the wild strawberries in our yard.
The garden sounds great! I hope the next few days of (hopefully) a bit of warmth will help things thrive even more.
Nice picture of Doodle. He seems to be growing and thriving just fine!
Thankfully I hadn't direct sown some things before heading out of town, we had snow too!
Your garden is looking great!
Post a Comment