Last week when I was too sick to pull my butt off the couch and Patrick was out of town; I sent out an S.O.S. to the auntie brigade and they responded in spades. Everyday an auntie came and played with Doodle or made dinner, or did some laundry or read books. While I coughed and shivered and sniffled. Some aunties brought help, a traveling circus or a grandpa. Some brought food, flowers or remedies. They all brought a formidable sense of humor.
Our aunties are all chosen aunties, and Grandpa Joe? He was christened Grandpa Joe by Doodle a while ago. We are fresh out of biological Grandpas so Doodle built his own. Patrick and I have almost no contact with our biological families ( one Uncle from my side, and once in a while Patrick's Mom) so like Doodle and Grandpa Joe, we built our own. A new friend commented that it seems like we have a lot of aunties around here. That isn't really the case, it's just that they are very present in our lives. They are constant. They also come with a crew of Uncles, children, dogs and one Grandpa. They have seen us through the worst of times and they are always ready for a party.
We have some pretty awesome aunties and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
4 comments:
I'm so happy that your "family" rallied and helped you through this rough week. What a blessing!! I hope you are feeling better.
Isn't "family" the best?! Like I said before, I have a lot of sisters...they just aren't biological. We've adopted them in our hearts.
hugs,
Cza
Um, I'm guessing the travelling circus was me. I still wonder how helpful it was to bring more chaos, but at least we wore that Doodle out. Sure is important to have aunties to count on. Feeling a little better?
I am so pleased that your 'family' helped you through your terrible week! Glad you are better
Post a Comment