one lucky little girl found her forever family.
I am so in awe of families that choose adoption. I have been very, very lucky to know so many wonderful families formed or expanded through adoption. It takes an incredible spirit to be able to risk so much for a dream. While it was not easy for me to become a mother at least I only had myself and my own body to contend with. No governments, paperwork, lawyers or other families. I never had to hold myself up to be judged by a stranger. I never had to find the thousands of dollars necessary to fly across the world to catch my baby. I am grateful for my boys and grateful for the ways that they came to be in my life. Tonight especially I am grateful for a brave young woman who found a better life for her child far across the globe in New Zealand.
4 comments:
I'm right there with you in being in awe of folks who adopt. A friend at work is adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. And watching her go through the process - the paperwork, the waiting, the money - eep! Everyone needs a forever home!
Thanks for being part of my family!
that was beautiful! and i SO agree, that is one lucky little girl!
I think I am one lucky mum too. Thanks so much for dedicating a post in your blog to me and Olivia, Carmen. Friends like you are those rare jewels that one finds and holds with dare life. Thank you
Luckiest girl ever, me thinks. A true miracle. I can't wait to watch her grow from across the big pond.
Post a Comment