Friday, December 07, 2007

Revels ate my brain..mmmm...brains......

For those of you who know..I am brain dead these days. Between the band stranded in Portland, the whole Mars in retrograde tossing monkey wrenches into all conversations and causing some people to positively speak in tongues and the general fatigue of pretech ( woohoo, that means we still have tech to look forward to.) I am toast. oh, and there is still knitting to be done, and cleaning and laundry and feeding the people who live in my house. Did I mention the flood?



We didn't have any water in the house and the new chimney inserts seem to have solved the leaky ceiling trouble. We did have lake water seeping up through the cracks in the garage floor but we expected that. The garage is below grade and really close to the lake. It's nothing like the three feet of water under our old house. Man am I glad we don't have to deal with that any more. We had some minor street flooding too but it didn't last very long. Lots of folks around here and especially in the southern part of the state had it much worse. ( thus the stranded band in Portland)



I did finish a gift today, a particularly satisfying tribute. I can't tell you about it because it's soon to be owner reads this blog. But it's good.

Auntie Val bought the boys a train. They love it. Only Doodle is in the shot because Crusty is just a little to cool to be caught on camera actually liking something. You can hear a "woohoo" in the background though.



View this montage created at One True Media
Thank You Auntie Val!!!


I'll try and post again soon. Depends on the mood of the Zombies in Tacoma.

3 comments:

Big Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Alice said...

I'm glad you all didn't have much damage. Did the lake really come up that high? yikes.

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Great video! It looks like the type of train my husband wants for around our tree.

I hope things are drying out.