Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday Cards

Card Cookies.

I have always felt a) guilty when I toss them or b) foolish for keeping boxes of old cards lying around. Several years ago I came up with this idea and it has been very popular around here. Sometime between Christmas and New Years Day we take down all the holiday cards we have received and add them to the stack of baby announcements, wedding, graduation, new baby photos, invites and cards from the past year. Not every card, not every photo, just the special ones. Then we take a huge circular punch and turn them all into paper cookies ( I used to do this step by hand, yuck!) Then I string them all together on some heavy thread and we hang them in the window. The kids have a great time picking out photo of people they know and then finding them on earlier strings, or trying to match up parts of the same image. Every card gets at least one cookie, sometimes more. We have been doing this for the last six or seven years and look forward to getting out the old strings and making a new one every year. This year we had so many images we made two strings!

It is a really fun way for us to keep track of important events from the year. Kind of our own " year in review". Of course there are some things that are too special to be punched, like a certain announcement that Cibaby is home!. So I still have a box of cards etc... But it is smaller now


The last few years in review.










3 comments:

Wecare4much said...

You always have the coolest ideas!!

Janine said...

Wow, can I come live at your place? It is so much fun. Do you give lessons? I think I am going to need some of your great ideas in the future!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Anytime J-9! Anytime, just ask Ker, were a fun bunch allrighty!