Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Spring is here", said the bumblebee...

Well, ok, it isn't actually here in the soggy NW, but it's coming! I can feel it. I sing this little song with doodle and wanted a way to commemorate it. Mostly for me, so I wouldn't forget. He sings along skipping most of the words until we get to the dancing part. He loves that. So what is a crafty mama to do?

There was this felt-a-long on Crafster...nature themed and mixed media. It took me several nights of thinking in my sleep ( yes, it's sad. I do think even in my sleep) but I came up with a plan and actually executed it! Yay me! I am forever hatching crafty plans but almost never get around to doing anything about it. Platy for instance in still waiting on a bill, poor thing. I only used things that were already here in the house and it only took the better part of Dancing with the Stars ( blush, furiously blushing) to complete them. But now I have the little set of cards to remind me of a little spring song. And, I got to join a craft-a-long. Being a super geek this makes me happy. Having Spring actually arrive might be better, but this will do for now.


I plan on stringing them together vertically to make a little welcome spring wall hanging. Now, if I can just get that done before the big egg hunt I will be amazed!

"Spring is here," said the bumblebee.
"How do you know?", said the old oak tree.
"I saw yellow daffodils...
dancing with the fairies on a windy hill."
Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Mad Mad Mama said...

AWESOME!!!! Seriously, that is so flipping adorable...

Miss French Jessica said...

Wow! I love this. Great job! :)

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Great, great job!