Friday, August 22, 2008

Public Service Announcement.

If you are a Costco employee and you hand my child a food sample without first asking me, I will rain the wrath of the Valkyries down upon your head and pave the path to Hades with your empty skull.

Go on. Try me.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you've already done this?

Heidi said...

In need of a valkyrie are we? Just let me know!

Hippy Goodwife said...

yes Jane, I did and thanks Heidi, I think I managed you quite well. She does still have her head in case anyone is interested.....

Janine said...

No Way.... do people just hand out food samples in your neck of the woods???

That would make me spew!

CzaMama said...

Yikes! I know it's a policy at the vast majority of the stores around here, and they even post signs that say they must have parental permission to give a sample to a child (I don't know about Costco as I'm not a member).

Anonymous said...

If there is EVER a next time call us. They won't know what hit them.
Grrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

I feel your anger! I hope Costco employee knows how lucky she is to still have head.

Seumas Gagne said...

And the person probably thought he / she was being nice.

Seumas Gagne said...

Hey - I just had a conversation with an ex Costco product demonstrator who told me that they are under explicit instructions to never give a child anything without the parent or guardian's consent.

Hippy Goodwife said...

That's what I thought too. But the rogue demonstrator I ran into was offended that I got upset. The manager was not pleased about the situation. I don't know if it was the unapologetic demonstrator or the hysterical mother. We both seemed to be putting a damper on his lunch break.

I'm curious now, who do you know that used to work for Costco.....inquiring minds.....

Seumas Gagne said...

Sorry - misspoke - my foreign gay lover was a product demonstrator. You know him, right?

Hippy Goodwife said...

why yes, I am quite fond of your foreign gay lover and I am certain he would never hand my child food without asking first. Trouble is he might ask me in a language with which I am only nominally familiar.

Anonymous said...

What, Canadian?

Hippy Goodwife said...

Lingoman speaks a whole bunch of langauges.

I really only speak one, and sometimes not even that very well.