Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Perspective.

ok, so I might have overreacted to the Costco lady giving Doodle a piece of bread without asking me. It's possible. I still don't think so but I am willing to concede that I may have overreacted. I was right there. She could have asked me but she just reached over her display and handed it to him. To his credit he asked if he should eat it just as I snatched it away from him. He got the emergency granola bar instead. Much tastier than some random chemical filled cross contaminated bread.

In other news, Doodle waulked his first tweed this weekend........

please ignore my wet hair, sunburn and double chin. Only one of those things is permanent.

Rode his first ride all alone...

..



Held his first chicken.....



and went to visit Choo Choo Bob. Things are looking up.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

And where did you get to do all those cool things?

And bless Doodle for being about to ask if he could eat the contraband clandestine bread!

Anonymous said...

1) Our friend Madeline gets double treats if she remembers to ask people "Does that have peanuts in it?". This seems to be very effective. Doesn't do much for cross-contamination, though.
2) You let him ride in a flaming hot rod all alone? He looks excited.
3) I'm worried about Choo Choo Bob.

Anonymous said...

I'm so intrigued by the waulking of the tweed! Looks like Doodle had a great time!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Hi Ducky! I tell you it is exhausting! This particular tweed was at least sixty pounds of soaking wet wool. And it had already been waulked quite a bit. Trying tossing that around while holding a fifty pound Doodle on you lap and singing. Yes, I was singing too. One of the men with us comented that now he knew why the men went to sea! ( Except in Nova Scotia where the men waulk too) Doodle lasted for the first set. We did 8 total sets (24 songs) in two sittings. I still can't raise my arms above my head easily!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Jane, actually you know choo choo Bob, he used to an usher.....

CzaMama said...

Cool! although I'm not sure what "waulking tweed" is, but it sounds cool...and if it was with you, I'm sure it was an awesome first experience!

Yay for first rides and chickens, he looks positively elated!

And I'm just starting to know about Choo Choo Bob. We went to the CCB show yesterday and met Bob (not sure if that really was him, but was told it was) and Engineer Paul...a friend's husband was one of the editors on the show...I thought it was a St. Paul thing, is this the same CCB?

Hippy Goodwife said...

Hey Cza! Our Choo Choo Bob is an old friend with a fantastic model train set up in and around his home backyard and basement ( and out to the street too). I didn't know St. Paul had a Choo Choo Bob! Cool!

Waulking a tweed is basically beating it in rhythm and passing it around a table. It takes a loosely woven, fresh off the loom cloth and fulls it. Making it water tight and much warmer. It used to be done with urine as a mordant. We just use vinegar and water! There are a bazzilion Scottish work songs to speed the process along.