It has been an embarrassingly long time since we have been over to our local dog park. It's literally in the park across the street. Poor doggie! Today was cold but so beautiful we bundled everyone up and took them for a little stroll. Doodle is wearing my version of Lyra's hat from the movie The Golden Compass. I haven't seen the film but the knitting universe is all over this little hat. I had the stash and the right needles so I thought I would give it a go. It knit up in just two episodes of Slings and Arrows. I made the adult size but it barely fits him. Still, it looks good, stays on and keeps his ears warm. Plus I used up a whole bunch of wool that was taking up space. There are several free patterns out there, I used the one from blogger Froggie Meanie. He loves to wear it!



That's a three needle bind off back there! Pretty fancy eh? Are you impressed?
Good thing he wore it on our trip to the dog park today, just as we arrived he was tackled by two very big and friendly dogs. They knocked him down and covered him with happy, germy doggy kisses. The hat never budged and in fact kept his hard head safe from the rocky ground. Almost like that armour that the ancient Greeks used to knit from river reeds. Pretty cool in my book.
That's a three needle bind off back there! Pretty fancy eh? Are you impressed?
7 comments:
Three needle bind off, huh? I have no idea what that means. Can't wait to see it in person! He looks cute and warm in it.
I'm impressed. Glad Doodle had his armor on to protect him from the giant beasts.
Love the hat! I think Maeve needs one. Of course I'm not as talented as you are, so I'm off to do an Etsy search for one. Wish me luck!
Nice!
3-needle bind-offs always make me feel like I'm some kind of knitting superhero. So neat and orderly.
Very impressed! ; )
That hat is really sweet.
Awesome Hat! You inspire me daily!
Well, you impressed me! I have no idea what 3 needle bind off is but it sure sounds fancy! And of course Doodle looks as cute as always.
Post a Comment