Thursday, January 10, 2008

A conversation

Me to Doodle. " Do you know where the pencils are that used to live in this cup.
Doodle. "Yes, Mama.
Me. "Ok, where are they?"
Doodle. "They are hiding Mama."
Me again. " Do you know where they are hiding?"
Doodle. " Yes Mama, they are not here. They are hiding."
Me to Doodle. " I can see that they are not here. Do you know where they are hiding?"
Doodle again. " Yes Mama."

**Insert Me pulling my hair out and raising my voice to that pitch that makes the dog pack his bags and go live with Uncle John**

Me. " Where are they?"
Doodle. " They are hiding Mama."

**insert three year old looking back at me like I am crazy.**

Me. Louder. " Where are the pencils hiding!?"
Doodle. "Here Mama. They are hiding in this hole."






Well why couldn't you just say that in the first place! ? At least he knew where he put them. Now I just have to get the Makita out and take the heater cover off and retrieve the pencils. And putty that damn hole.



oh, and the kicker.

Doodle. " Don't worry Mama, Dada fix the pencils". Great.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

So that's where they've all gone!! And I've been blaming my kids! {sigh} Tell Doodle thanks! ;)

~ Cyn <3

Seumas Gagne said...

Peanut-free cookies will be headed your way on Sunday morning - will y'all be at church?

Hippy Goodwife said...

ummm.....yeah.. church. We'll be out back under the big tree.

Should I make you breakfast?

dragonflyducky said...

LOL!
Maybe there is a hole somewhere at my house I'm unaware of ; )
Your son sounds so cute....makes me miss having little ones around.

Anonymous said...

I hope you made sure he knew that Mama could fix the pencils, too!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Confidential to Ducky...

He's for Rent! :)

CzaMama said...

I must look for a hole like that in our house...there's gotta be one! Thanks Doodle for he heads-up on possible CiBaby antics.