Monday, October 22, 2007

Now we're cookin!...with Gas!



The saga of the gas line is just too long and sad to recount here. To summarize...19 months after beginning the process, two contractors, one utility, two easements ( neither actually necessary and neither signed, tears, hundreds of phone calls, emails and faxes ( handled by my level headed husband....I would have been in jail by now) meetings, additional meetings because the clown in charge forgot to show up, more tears, digging, more digging, threats, inspectors, tears again, asphalt, 9 days of installation INSIDE the house ( Hi Teo!), one return call and a lovely salesman named Stan; this was delivered yesterday while I was at rehearsal.I am in love. Yes, those are two ovens, one of which is convection and five gas burners, one super 16,000btu burner and one simmer) The doors lock, it cleans itself......excuse me, I have to go and bake something.




7 comments:

Heidi said...

It is beautiful!

Big Alice said...

Oooh, that is beautiful! I'm glad your gas saga is FINALLY done. ugh. Enjoy your new stove!

Wecare4much said...

So, what did you bake? I'm totally coveting your stove! Enjoy! I'll just print the photo of it and love it from afar. *sigh*

Mad Mad Mama said...

Whoa Mama!! That is one fine looking stove!!!

Mad Mad Mama said...

not sure how i became my mil in that last post!

kimberly/tippytoes said...

oh man, I am jealous. We've been talking about moving a gas line to the kitchen, but I don't feel like dealing with it.

Enjoy!

VEG said...

It is beautiful. Perfect for you!
Gas is a WONDERFUL thing :-) Glad the nightmare of the Gas is over.