Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More from the patch.



Every year make the hour or more trek up one of the big pumpkin farms north of here. We spend the whole day, chasing pumpkins, petting critters, playing in the corn cribs, running through the maze. This year everyone was just this side of sick and we decided at the last minute to go to a close in organic farm. We were only there for a couple of hours, but everyone had a great time. The biggest hit of the day was the preschooler sized bean pole maze. They chased and ran around in there for along time. We were also treated to a large roost of redwinged blackbirds. The kettlecorn, the haybales to climb, the very friendly goats. Everyone was tired but happy.


I love fall, it is my most favourite time of year. I love the colours, the smell of the air, the foggy mornings and sunny afternoons. I also love that it is the time of year when my usual tendency to think about the past and the people that are gone seems to fit right in. It's a little weird to be thinking of the ancestors on a bright sunny day. But in the fall with the leaves turning and the summer fruit slowly returning to the earth, it seems good and right.

1 comment:

Big Alice said...

Heh, a bean pole maze. That's a great idea.
I'm sorry you all have been sick, I hope you're feeling better.