

MOLLY BOLT vs. MIRENA
So, today I went to my gyn to have the popular Mirena IUD inserted. I thought about it for a long time and it seems to me like the best solution for us right now. But this isn't really about Mirena, or IUD's at all. It's about the freakin' molly bolt in my uterus! Have you ever hung something heavy on a plaster wall? You know the bolt you put in, through a plastic sleeve, then you pull out the sleeve and the bolt expands? Right? Molly Bolt. Alarmingly similar to an IUD insertion. First up the sleeve, in our case a two foot long cylinder in which the tiny IUD is housed. Hello, you are putting that where? Then the expansion, JUST LIKE A MOLLY BOLT! I swear!
The poor practitioner got pretty pale when I practically screamed "You're putting a molly bolt in my uterus?" I think she was expecting someone more lady like. Aside from the initial sharp searing, get behind your eyelids and turn out the lights pain on insertion, all is well. Except for the molly bolt in my uterus.
4 comments:
My guess is the Mirena people do not use the Molly bolt comparison in their marketing campaign!
Ouch! My uterus is recoiling in sympathy. I will never hang a heavy object on my wall again without thinking of you.;)
yeow... your description is making me skwirm!
eeeeeyyyyouch!!!
~ Cyn <3
Post a Comment