Sometimes hanging out with my littlest fan is pretty lonely. Sure, we can fill our days with zoo trips, grocery trips, doctor trips, play dates and every other toddler social event. But it's still pretty lonely. It feels like I don't have any connections anymore and everyone I know is off filling their lives with meaningful things, school, employment, dancing naked on bar tops. You know the stuff that makes a grown up feel, well, connected. Right now I feel like Doodle and I are all alone here on the lakefront. I have friends. I talk to people. But nothing seems to really get through. It makes me afraid that the post partum depression that I thought I had fought off is returning. Maybe it is just that we are still sorting through the remains of my mothers belongings, maybe it is the fact the we have zero summer weather lately, maybe I am just crazy.
So in an effort to "snap out of it!" ( insert best Cher impression here) I am offering up a list of the things that I GET to do because I am at home all day. In no particular order.
I get to go barefoot anytime I want.
I get to watch Doodle carefully set up his train tracks and then run through them. " Disaster!"
I get to make my own bread.
I get to make the kinds of dinners that can take hours to cook. ( ok, not very often.)
I get to sneak a peek at daytime TV.
I get to blog.
I get to have mac and cheese for lunch anytime I want it.
I get to have "nuggles" from a sweet boy.
I get to watch the same sweet boy run down the hall to greet Daddy every day.
I get to be the neighbor who knows which dog lives where, and when they need to go home.
I get to watch the buff man in brown deliver near daily packages across the driveway.
I get to watch the swallows, and nuthatches, chickadees, hummingbirds, flickers and wrens set up their nests.
I get to watch their babies learn to fly.
I get to watch this little face grow up.
3 comments:
What a great list! I often feel the same way, so you've inspired me to make a list as well - thanks!
Hugs,
Marissa
Awww! So sweet, thanks! I love reading your blog.
Smooches!
-Lisa-
Good list, especially the part about birds. I see birds, squirrels and deer more than I would if not with children.
Post a Comment