Friday, July 06, 2007

It's not easy being green.

But it is so worth it! Ok, so it isn't actually hard to be green"er". It just takes a little bit of thought. In honor of tommorow's Live Earth concert ( see the button over there->)
here are a few things we do to be just a little bit greener.

Take your own bags to the grocery store. ( any bag will do!)
Reuse cooking water for plants. ( the plants don't care that you bolied potatoes in that water)
Print colour or paint on both sides of the paper!
Use your kids paintings to wrap gifts.
Better still, scour the remnant bins at the fabric store for lightweight fabrics, they are inexpensive and make great reusable gift wrap.
Buy local! Buy in season.
Compost your food scraps.
Native plants use less water and rewuire less upkeep, makes the birds happy too!
Reduce packaging. Buy the big bag of whatever and use reusable containers for snacking, transporting or sending to school.
Give cloth napkins a try! and stop buying paper towels. We have a stash of kitchen "rags" for cleaning up spills.
Try homemade cloth wipes for babies and toddlers.


Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!

1 comment:

Wecare4much said...

Great tips! I always think I need cloth napkins but then don't remember to look for them when I'm out and about. Thanks for the reminder. Putting it on my running list of things I need. I love the veg water idea too!!