Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Post Op. Week 6
This is the week I left the house. I mean really left the house. I experimented with driving....not so bad but exhausting. And then Folklife happened. It was probably not he safest route, and I might have gotten awfully close to the edge of what is advisable at this point. But I have a boy who is really invested in getting out there and earning some money with his music and Folklife is the very best venue for that. I couldn't just miss it. It has really been my goal since the beginning to be well enough to go for at least part of the four day festival. With a truncated schedule for me, constant help from Patrick and a brace of really good friends, we did it. Plenty of time for busking and earning money, watching good friends ( and fine musicians) perform, hanging out with friends in the performers lounge...er....warehouse...., playing in fountains, making puppets, sailing boats and eating my weight in funnel cakes. It's all a bit of a blur.
And now, I will sleep for a few days.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heidi G Rest well!
Kerry M Sleep sweet.
Peggy M I was so impressed to read your posts about FolkLife! You are one amazing person, Carmen!
Olga O Hell yeah!
Jamia M Brava!!!!!
Amanda F My secret hope was always that you would be well enough to enjoy Folklife. Even still you blew me away with how much you were able to enjoy. Go you! Now, yes, sleep and sleep.
Carmen M I would never have made it through all of yesterday Amanda, thank you for stepping in!
Heidi B Folklife causes brain overload even in those of us who haven't had surgery. If you can get through that you'll soon be able to get through anything.
Peggy M What Heidi said!
Charmaine S Yay! It was great to see a glimpse of you during our Friday Fisher Green Performance! Glad you got to get out an about
Kelly R Looking WONDERFUL!
Post a Comment