Monday, May 05, 2014

Post Op Week 3.







Ok, week three.  You kicked my ass there for a while.  I was busy feeling cocky about my ability to read text and taste food and you were busy filling my leg with deadly blood clots.  Thanks for that.

So after feeling pretty good and transitioning off some of the more serious medications I found myself on the receiving end of a pretty intense nurse trying to get me into the doppler lab so they could look at my leg with the ultrasound and sure enough.  There it was.  The tech ( incidentally the same one that found Doodle's in-utero heatbeat) tried and tried to get the vein to move blood and to prove the blood test wrong but to no avail.  Blood clot. At least one.  Off we went to Urgent Care and then to the inpatient unit.  Where I promptly lost it.

Fortunately the solution was not as bad as it seemed and hopefully all will be remedied in a few months when I can safely take the anti coagulants.  As the surgeon said, we are weighing one basket of risks over an other. 

The incision site is healing well and nearly invisible under my hair.  I can walk and talk, and read and taste.  And the vertigo is much less.  I can be alone for short periods, might try driving in the next week or so.... Week three, a mixed bag.

My brain seems to be making new connections every day, some slightly disturbing,  Writing this blog entry has been hard.  I can't seem to draw any circles or com to any conclusions.  Just a list of facts.  However, when I look back a week 1. It is all so much easier.  Maybe not more eloquent, or entertaining but so much easier.  The typos in that week 1 post alone!  I recall how difficult is was to type out those words.  How long it took to come up with a word and then how many tries it took to get them out of my head.  It's kind of a mess but I don't think I will  clean it up.  It is an accurate reflection of where I was.

So in lieu of  better writing I present you with a puzzle.  More than one person has commented that my face looks slightly different. More symmetrical, or somehow slightly different.  What do you think?
Seeing as I started with a serious asymmetry I am curious to hear if other people think it's different.  I don't see it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.








2 comments:

Laurel B. Miller said...

I don't see a difference.

Your post-op typos have better spelling than some people's regular writing.

Hippy Goodwife said...

Olga O your smile is definitely fuller and more symmetrical; there is also an absence of tension that was there before (stress, pain, etc?). i do see a change!

Julie O Yes, I see it. We all have asymmetries in our faces, but I think Olga is right that the tension/stress/pain/whatever may have accentuated it. It also may have been that the tumor was stressing a nerve and now it's not.
Valerie G Your face is also ALOT thinner in the second photo but less pain and stress also.

China M You look like Carmen in picture 2.

Karie S My first reaction was that you looked like You in the second photo.

Melanie H You look a LOT younger in photo 2! I see a fuller more symmetrical face, also. And a beautiful one! ( I like the shorter hair more, too, but that's just me... )

Karie W Stetson Melanie H, I thought the second picture was from years ago.

Melanie H Right?

Seumas G The change is more apparent in person than in photos also.

Kerry M I see relief! There is still some pain there but it's like you finally stopped holding your breath.

Melanie H ^^ Yes, that!

Sally V I agree - certainly with your smile. You look younger, less stressed and more relaxed in photo 2.