Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Of tiny alligators.

Last night I apparently had some kind of hyper reality dream that morphed into a few scary moments for Patrick this morning.

Patrick woke me around 3 am for the middle steroid dose ( or something, could be tic tacs for all I know) I had been having a dream about tiny blue jewel coloured alligators.  Very high in antioxidernts.  Apparently.  Like blueberries or pomegranate arils.  The more saturated colour the better.  They were crawling around on the floor  of the Salamander Room and I was supposed to eat them. I was really confused to see two plain white pills in my pill bowl.  So I asked, "Alligators?".  He replied, confused. "Alligators?  No."  Me again, " not alligators?" Him, "Not alligators".

Cue repeat three hours later... "alligators?  Not blue?"  "NO.  Not alligators, not blue."  Only this time it took me a long time to find the word alligator.  I kept wanting to say alphabet or armadillo.  And I was angry. Why  was he refusing to feed me the magic life saving alligators?    Betrayer!

Sweaty, confused and combative scares a person. Patrick took my temp and searched for signs of infection while I lay in the bed trying so hard to figure out what was wrong and where the alligators had gone. No fever, no damage.  It took a couple of hours but eventually I realized that I had been dreaming intensely about tiny jeweled alligators and I had forgotten that Patrick was not actually in my head.  Then I tried to explain it to him.  No one ever  thinks to warn husbands about tiny blue alligators.

3 comments:

Laurel B. Miller said...

Sounds like one of those horrifying narcotics dreams. Sorry, that makes me sound like a junkie. I hope you feel better soon and that the alligators are benevolent ones.

Hippy Goodwife said...

wait. Are you not a junkie? That is one of my favourite about you!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Olga O Love this.

Lydia B Keep up with these!! I know it's scary and confusing now, but someday, down the road, you'll laugh. I promise.

Carmen M I think Patrick may need therapy.
James E W I think he's gonna be OK you're OK. Ask him to paint your pills like alligators. Bet he will...

LeAnn O <3
Y
Nan P Poor Patrick! At least the two of you were equally confused.
Seumas G He will be OK. I am planning some therapeutic activities for him in the near future.

China M That is very funny. Bill would have said, "Yes, alligators!"

Eileen M blue alligators in white pill form.

Carmen M Rene K, you might remember my obsession with The Salamader Room.

Shirley S I've never had my head cut open, but I have had steroids after general anesthesia, and that s* can f* you up. I'm actually impressed to didn't manage to conjure actual jeweled alligators, which, if tiny enough, might be kind of cool. Hang in there. Keep writing. You'll be glad you did!!

Patrick W The thoughts in my head: "Did she just say alligators? Am I so drowsy I missed something important about alligators?"

Melanie H Jeff would have said the same as Bill - yes, they are alligators and they will make you better.