Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Favourite New Website.


BetterWorld. com is a fabulous site for buying books. They are huge supporters of Literacy Education all over the world and they get much of their inventory from school and municipal libraries, book sales, book drives etc. They keep these books from going to the landfill and you get great deals. Because many of the books are used, they are also very inexpensive. I have ordered a couple of times and had great service, with books ( new and used ) just as described. They have a huge stocklist! And FREE shipping in the US. Shipping for 3.97 (us) to everywhere else in the world.

This from their website.

Here’s the best part: In addition to selling new titles, Better World Books supports book drives and collects used books and textbooks through a network of over 1,600 college campuses and partnerships with nearly 1,000 libraries nationwide. So far, the company has converted more than 11 million donated books into $4.5 million in funding for literacy and education. In the process, we’ve also diverted more than 6,000 tons of books from landfills.


If you are looking to add to your library, check them out. They also sell all manner of used and new textbooks at a great discount.

You can check out their blog to see what they are up to.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I placed an order! Cheaper than Powells by a bit and I get free shipping even though I didn't buy $50.00 worth of books. I like the carbon offset too.

I feel slightly unfaithful though...