Saturday, November 08, 2008

First Movie Popcorn.




Thanks to unrelenting pressure from Crusty, Doodle had his first movie theatre popcorn this morning. We haven't been out to the movies all together since he was a baby still in a sling. Dada and Crusty have gone, but Doodle and I stay at home.


How to take a kid with food allergies to the movies 101.

Go to the first show of the day, so the theatre is swept, and reasonably clean.
Carry lots of Epi-pens, We had three epi-pens between us.
Ask the the poor teenage concessionaire waay to many questions about popcorn.
Hold both of his hands, so he can't touch anything.
Wipe down the seat, the booster the backs of the chairs in front.
We were careful to keep all drinks and popcorn bags off the floor.

Whew.

No reactions, one vaguely annoying, occasionally funny movie with one very scary shark. One tired headachey Mama.

I guess that means we will have to do it again.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Glad everything went well! The shark reference should have been a clue, but I can't think of what movie you saw?

Anonymous said...

Very glad that things went well. Did he enjoy himself? I wasn't happy with the shark either. :-(

Anonymous said...

So . . . WHAT SHARK?

Heidi said...

Ummm - I have no idea what movie you went to. Another hint please??

Hippy Goodwife said...

sorry to keep you hanging. After much badgering from Crusty we went to see Madagascar 2. Keep in mind we never see first run movies and we have not seen most of the post Little Mermaid animated films. ( yes, there's CARS) I was unimpressed and could write 1000 words on poor scripting, sexual innuendo and media stereotypes in the 1st 15min alone. But the boys liked it. Well, except for the shark.