Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Crazy Lady at the checkout and pachyderm luv.

Doodle and Pachy. Happier times.


Yesterday at Trader Joe's Doodle lost his elephant. Somewhere in the ten feet from the apples to the overpriced cheese it vanished. After several minutes of searching, talking to TJ "crew" members and saying, quite loudly "I'm sorry, your elephant is gone" "has anyone seen an elephant?". And the almost silent whimpers of "pachyderm...where are you?" from Doodle. I gave up. Continued on with shopping and waited for Doodle to realize that pachy was indeed not coming home.

We pulled up to the check stand and there was standing an innocent 5 or 6 year old girl who may now need therapy. I am certain that I looked like a crazy woman. "That's our elephant!!!!!" "thank you! thank you!" Loudly, like a crazy person. I was just so happy to see that piece of plastic! I hind site, I should have approached slowly and spoken to her parent, asked nicely, squatted down. But no, I shrieked and grabbed just like any two year old. Fortunately she was in the process of asking the cashier if anyone had lost anelephant, so at least she hadn't grown attached! And I did thank her profusely.

Still I imagine she feels sorry for pachy, having to go and live with that crazy person.

4 comments:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Reunited! I would have acted the same way!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found Pachy! We left Dora behind at Payless once and it was quite traumatic - in fact, Dora now has to wait in the car when we run errands!

Hugs,
Marissa

ThatMelhouseGirl said...

Teddy spent the night at a local restaurant once, has been FedExed back from Canada, and was retrieved from the laundry of the Four Seasons Dublin JUST in the nick of time.

I feel your pain.... and your relief.

Mel

Wecare4much said...

So glad they were reunited. Do you think he knows where Rufus is?