Thursday, June 07, 2007

1190.50 miles in 8 months...

via the US Postal Service. Yesterday two packages arrived, postmarked NOVEMBER 2006. I had long since given up on them and the companies that shipped them had sent replacements. So where have they been for 8 months? Who knows. After nearly throwing myself through I window trying to navigate the incredibly obtuse phone tree at the postal service I got a call back from our local postmaster ( please god don't tell me he is actually in charge of my mail...) anyway, the official explanation. " wow, never heard of that happening." End of story for the post office. They are both Priority Mail, both have tracking numbers and that is the best they can do. *sigh* Your tax dollars hard at work.

1 comment:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Wow. I found out last year that those tracking numbers are totally meaningless. Can't they use the stamp increase to invest in some UPS technology?!