Sunday, February 25, 2007

Apocalypse Now...apologies to Marlon Brando.






A sure sign that the end must be perilously near. Are you ready for it. Yesterday, for the first time in oh, 5 years, I took the boys, on purpose, willingly to McDonalds. **GASP**. Since Crusty Boy has steadfastly refused to eat any food from McD since he was old enough to tell us about it, we never go. I hit the drive through here and there for a diet coke on the run, but never any food ( yep. big run on sentence there.) I could almost hear the helicopters overhead. Isn't that " The Ride of the Valkyrie" playing in the bathroom? We were celebrating a hundred sticker day in Princesses sticker reward book. Imagine being a polite and friendly girl 100 times! Woohoo! Her choice of reward was a playdate with Doodle and Crusty...at McDonalds. The kids played in the human habitrail ( and picked up who knows what dread germs) and they ate. French Fries, Chicken Nuggets, Ice cream. It was heaven! Little do they know they will be eating leafy greens and brown rice all week to make up for it! ok, I only kidding a little. Mostly they had a really good time. I guess this is one of those times when I may need to reassess my pre parenting judgement of McD's. It really wasn't all that bad and it made some children very, very happy. It's funny how things look so different once there are kids enjoying them. Like TV toys, polyester clothing and disposable diapers, McDonalds may have to become a semi regular occurrence. I am holding fast on branded clothing and battery operated toys though! A Mama has to have some standards!

No comments: