Whoa, what happened to March? Sorry about that.
While moving things around to defrost one of the freezers I found some things that didn't need keeping but I couldn't quite toss out. Enter the accidental, tiny, ultimately ugly but very tasty dessert.
Leftover Bramble Berry Tarts.
One leftover sheet of puff pastry. ( I use this brand because it is delicious and local and we know the Rosser family. Aussie Puff Pastry. ) Even I am not crazy enough to make my own puff pastry.
3/4 a cup or so of dark chocolate ganache from Crusty's latest birthday cake.
A smallish container of bramble berry sauce, mixed berries cooked down with some sugar and frozen.
Thaw all ingredients. Roll the thawed pastry until it is less than 1/4" thick. Use a drinking glass to cut circles.
Put one circle in each cup of a mini muffin tin. Pressing down the bottom and up the sides. Add a dollop of ganache and a dollop of berry sauce. Bake a 4oo until pastry puffs up. Yum.
I think I will attempt this again and try to get them to look better. Believe it or not I often have small amount of this stuff leftover. I think they would also be good with jam right from the jar and a couple of dark chocolate chips. Or maybe leftover ganache and banana? Or leftover ganache and nutbutter? I think I may rummage in the other freezer and see what I can find...
Sorry, no photo. They really were ugly, and we ate them all! You will have to settle for this cute photo of the dragon in our favourite local park.
2 comments:
They were NOMNOMNOM-ilicious!
Not just March, what the h3ll happened to January, February and most of April too? I think I was asleep for about three months there..
Post a Comment