
Sure, we did other things besides go to the beach this summer, but beaches really were the stars this year. By my count we visited at least 15 different beaches, most multiple times. We ate breakfast at a sandy warm water island beach, searched for sea stars and anemones on a rock covered sound beach. We built forts and flew kites on deserted, driftwood covered dunes. We built roaring fires on urban beaches. We dipped our toes in frigid roaring mountain rapids and paddled with friends in the local lakes. Saw industry and pristine wilderness just a ferry ride away. We watched cormorants, osprey, baby gulls, migrating Chinook salmon, pelicans, great blue herons, sea lions, otters, seals, sea stars, giant hermit crabs, anemones and dune living deer; more songbirds crabs, clams, mussels, barnacles, tadpoles, crows, hawks and eagles than I can count. We missed the migrating J-pod Orcas this year, but you have to leave something for next time! I think I can say that we have squeezed every last drop of fun out summer 2010. Bring it on Autumn. We're ready.*





*except for kindergarten. I am not ready for that.
1 comment:
Kathryn C What a great list!
Sally V You have not only given them a wonderful summer but cherished memories and many stories to tell for years and years to come. What a lovely gift.
Post a Comment