Monday, May 31, 2010

Folklife Weekend.

We love the Northwest Folklife Festival. Rain or shine we go. It's four days of music, dancing, art and mayhem. In college I would go to gawk at the hippies. Now that I am one...well, I guess I go to be among my people. Ha! It always amazes me that in the four day throng of two hundred thousand people ( give or take a few) I always run into many friends. Not all of them hippies, or musicians either. This year we ran into people from both boys schools, neighbors, friends, former workmates, musicians all the parts of our lives.


Here are a few highlights of our wet days at this years festival.




Whale Climbing.
Singing in the Rain.
The fine lads of Nae Regrets.
The view of Gaelica from the beer garden.




Sliding in the fountain.
Contact juggling.
Boat Building courtesy of The Center for Wooden Boats.




Dancing with the nice Indian ladies.
Spotting friends on stage, " Hi Sarah!"
More boat building.
Chalk drawing in the fountain.



Still more boat building.
Hearing Uncle Seumas from the audience!
Sailing in the little fountain.




The Rules.
Still more boat building...
and more fountain sailing.



A couple hundred people learn to Tango with a live orchestra.
Reunited Super Heroes.
Look! more boat building!
Finding friends with umbrellas.



Still more sailing.
Thumb wrestling?
Gaelic friends representing Slighe nan Gaidheal.
The view inside the beer garden.



and now, if you will excuse me. I need a long hot shower and a nap.

1 comment:

jane said...

We spent some time watching that same juggler with the crystal ball -- the kids loved him. I was afraid he was a mime at first, but it turned out alright.