Thursday, December 18, 2008

tap, tap, tap....is this thing on?


Sorry about the long absence. This years Revels was more of a challenge than usual. It was after all, The Scottish Show.
In addition to mourning our colleague Doug, we had a series of mishaps, miscommunication, missteps and missed whatevers. Laryngitis hit the cast at the worst possible time. Including our superstar soprano. We did one show with three women taking her place, and no rehearsal. We had an unwalkable set for our first stage rehearsal ( and almost went back to the rehearsal hall). We had a decimated tenor section, rescued at the last minute by a new addition. We had a spot operator with an attitude problem ( he was fired at the places call on closing night.) Fortunately the boyfriend of our lead tech was available and subbed at the very last possible minute. Our Lord of the Dance blew a tendon in his ankle and did one show with a tartan icepack strapped to his leg. I actually sang at a cast party, the band led the chorus happily astray on a bourbon fueled binge. I think some of them are still a bit queasy. A sword splintered, it snowed repeatedly and the men's dressing room was hit with a leaky ceiling. So, you could say that I have been busy.

Despite all that it was a rousing show, with huge audiences. A hard fought tribute to Doug filled with beautiful moments, incredible music and very happy people.

Today I am very glad to be at home watching the boys play in snow.

3 comments:

Seumas Gagne said...

I don't recall leading anyone astray. :-)

Hippy Goodwife said...

It would hardly count as "astray" if everyone remembered it.

Big Alice said...

Sorry about the increased drama this year. And snow! I'm glad it all finished up successfully, despite everything.
Tartan ice pack. oh yeah.